The Radford University Planetarium is an educational and entertaining resource offering a full complement of shows that will appeal to audiences of all ages and interests. The goal is to educate audiences about all things astronomical, from the ancient legends of the stars to current knowledge and future exploration of the stars.
- can accommodate up to 55 visitors at a time
- all shows are free and open to the public
- regular shows on Tuesday and Thursday at 4pm and 7pm, and Saturday morning at 10:30am (kid-centered on Saturdays)
- regular shows run throughout the regular semesters, but some summer shows will be posted on the planetarium website as they are confirmed
- parking is easy to find right next to the planetarium in the evenings and on the weekends
- check the planetarium webpage for a listing of the specific shows and show times
More to See in Radford
Conveniently located just a few miles outside downtown Radford, the Super 8 Motel features a free continental breakfast, and high speed internet. Pets are also welcome with a small fee.
Hours: Tu-Sa 10:00a.m.-4:00p.m. Sun. 1:00p.m.-4:00p.m. Closed Mondays Explore the heritage of Radford and the New River Valley in this 19th-century Victorian home, built by Civil War General Gabriel Colvin Wharton on the banks of the New River. Glencoe highlights...
America’s Drive In!
The Highlanders Festival is a day long celebration of the region’s Scots-Irish heritage. Delight in the heavyweight Scottish athletics, including the 22lb. hammer, 16″ sheaf toss, and stone “clachneart.” Highland dancing, Celtic and...
Fine women’s clothing and accessories – Meg’s is the place to find it!
Located off I-81 at exit 109, our new Tru is five minutes from Carilion New River Valley Medical Center. We’re less than four miles from Radford University and under 20 minutes from New River Community College, Virginia Tech, and Christiansburg Aquatic...