The Radford University Planetarium is an educational and entertaining resource offering a full complement of shows that will appeal to audiences of all ages and interests. The goal is to educate audiences about all things astronomical, from the ancient legends of the stars to current knowledge and future exploration of the stars.
- can accommodate up to 55 visitors at a time
- all shows are free and open to the public
- regular shows on Tuesday and Thursday at 4pm and 7pm, and Saturday morning at 10:30am (kid-centered on Saturdays)
- regular shows run throughout the regular semesters, but some summer shows will be posted on the planetarium website as they are confirmed
- parking is easy to find right next to the planetarium in the evenings and on the weekends
- check the planetarium webpage for a listing of the specific shows and show times
More to See in Radford
Southwest Virginia’s Artisan Network links visitors to local artisans, farms, galleries, craft venues, and other creative points of interest. These Radford artisans/galleries/studios are included in ‘Round the Mountain: Towhee Hill Studio Kay Cook...
Each piece designed and delivered by New River Cakes is a one-of-a-kind, handmade, custom work of art. But the extravagance doesn’t stop with the extraordinary designs and edible sculptures – simply put, our cakes taste better than our competition....
Now open! Clothing that boosts your confidence and your comfort level! 301 West Main Street 304-320-5546
More Things to See in Radford
Outstanding scenery and recreational opportunities make the Blue Ridge Parkway “America’s Favorite Drive.” Winding through 469 miles of mountain meadows and seemingly endless vistas, split-rail fences, old farmsteads and historic structures...
The name says it all…something for every taste! Fresh selection of donuts and bagels daily. Get here early or you might miss out as the favorites sell out often. Also features egg sandwiches, bagels and spreads and specialty coffees.