The Radford University Planetarium is an educational and entertaining resource offering a full complement of shows that will appeal to audiences of all ages and interests. The goal is to educate audiences about all things astronomical, from the ancient legends of the stars to current knowledge and future exploration of the stars.
- can accommodate up to 55 visitors at a time
- all shows are free and open to the public
- regular shows on Tuesday and Thursday at 4pm and 7pm, and Saturday morning at 10:30am (kid-centered on Saturdays)
- regular shows run throughout the regular semesters, but some summer shows will be posted on the planetarium website as they are confirmed
- parking is easy to find right next to the planetarium in the evenings and on the weekends
- check the planetarium webpage for a listing of the specific shows and show times
More to See in Radford
Best burgers in town!
Ranked #37 out of the Top 50 Golf Courses in the U.S. for under $50 (Golf Magazine 9/04), Draper Valley Golf Club is a true destination for golf-lovers. This 18-hole regulation length golf course also features a driving range, putting green, pro shop, and snack...
Local art, postcards, jewelry, pottery and souvenirs. Also, official Virginia is for Lovers merchandise. Local books about the region. Shop local!
BT’S is a full service restaurant conveniently located in downtown Radford. We offer many unique items on our extensive menu, including many beef, chicken, seafood and pasta items. We also have plenty of dessert and drink choices to make your meal complete....
Bringing you delicious award winning sandwiches since 1978.